← View all job positions
Ed/Tech Solutions Engineer,
A Solutions Engineer will assist with a variety of customer care issues and projects. This is a remote office based, intermediate level position and is a good fit for a technology enthusiast who enjoys assisting customers. This individual will have a friendly and professional attitude and will be able to work independently with direction and guidance from other team members.
- Significant regional travel to visit schools onsite is required throughout the week. Perhaps 50% of the time.
- Troubleshooting client tech questions via email, phone and remote desktop.
- Address network configuration questions and troubleshooting network issues.
- Assist with device deployment (iPads, Chromebooks, Mac Books, Dell laptops, other).
- Assist with internet domain name transfers and management.
- Google Apps for Education and user management.
- Maintaining equipment inventories.
Desired skills and experience
- Familiar with computers and a variety of computing and mobile technology (including iPads and Chromebooks).
- Familiar with basic troubleshooting techniques.
- Familiar with OS virtualization techniques.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, networking, DNS, firewalls.
- Positive attitude.
- Independent worker.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Available for year round employment.
- Willingness to travel regionally in Northern California. Periodic overnight stays may be required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required.
- Friendly, professional demeanor and an appreciation for Customer Service. We're first and foremost a service organization.
- Pursuing, or has achieved, a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field.
- Apple, Microsoft, or other IT industry certifications a plus.