← View all job positions
Junior Solutions Engineer
( Vallejo / Benicia )
Beehively is looking to grow its technology solutions team with both senior and junior staff. We are currently looking for a Junior Solutions Engineer to help us provide excellent service to our schools and build great relationships with our schools' teachers and administrators. As part of our One-to-One program, Beehively provides specialized expertise in supporting technology and cloud services at schools. Schools engage us as a one-stop-shop for technology products, support and equipment, including network, wifi, security and end-user devices such as tablets, iPads and laptops.
A Junior Solutions Engineer will assist with a variety of customer care issues and projects. This position requires 3-5 years of experience in IT, computer science, or a related field, but there is a lot of opportunity for training and growth. This is a good fit for a technology enthusiast who has some experience, enjoys assisting customers and working with schools. This individual will have a friendly and professional attitude and will be able to work independently with direction and guidance from other team members.
- Troubleshooting with clients in person at schools and via email, phone and remote desktop
- Assisting with device deployment (iPads, Chromebooks, Macbooks, Dell laptops, other)
- Google Apps for Education and user management
- This role requires traveling to schools (mostly in the Bay Area) for onsite support typically 2-3 days out of the week (must have a car and valid driver's license). The other 2-3 days a week will be spent in the Davis office.
- Maintaining equipment inventories
Desired Skills and Experience
- Familiar with computers and a variety of computing and mobile technology (including iPads and Chromebooks)
- Positive attitude
- Independent worker
- Punctual and reliable
- Available for year round employment
- Friendly, professional demeanor and an appreciation for Customer Service. We're first and foremost a service organization.
- Full time at $12-$24 per hour, depending on skills and experience
- After 90 days of full time employment, eligible for our health insurance plan, of which the company pays 100% of employee costs
- 3 weeks paid vacation for full time employees, accruing monthly