← View all job positions
The technical lead designs and implements the key technical components of the solution and helps direct Beehively technical resources to develop and deliver the project deliverables. The technical lead reduces the overall project technical risk by uncovering design issues early in the project life-cycle, shares implementation best practices, and recommends solution alternatives. Additionally, the technical lead serves as the technical architect to conduct design/code reviews during major project milestones. This is a hands on role that requires significant technical experience and abilities with a variety of software platforms and cloud technologies.
- Maintain an overview of all products we develop.
- Supervise multiple tracks of software development work.
- Provide guidance to external product owners and software development team.
- Develop, supervise, and require high code quality standards and practices reviewing and selecting libraries, frameworks, and 3rd party services embedded into the product.
- Assume responsibility for product quality.
- Hands on design and development of custom solutions on the Beehively platform including significant work in Ruby, Locomotive, Amazon RDS, application integration and data migration.
- Judges the tradeoffs with technology and feasibility and makes choices that fit the constraints of the project.
- Serves as the technical expert on the Beehively Web Services platform.
- Designs and implements business technology solutions focused on cloud-based business applications, specifically within Beehively.
- Direct involvement and/or oversight of developing business requirements, specifications, process flows, application design, application configuration, testing and deployment.
- Works directly with clients to lead projects, facilitates business process analysis sessions, develops and delivers key components of technology solution.
- Provides mentoring and guidance to other team members, including offshore team members.
- Plans for operational run-time considerations, including performance, availability, and data security.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Business or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in a hands-on technical leadership position.
- 3+ years of experience with Ruby and content management systems in a development or configuration capacity.
- Friendly, professional demeanor and an appreciation for Customer Service. We're first and foremost a service organization.
- Passion for or direct experience with software technology for education.
This position will be based out of our Davis, CA office.
Compensation based on skills and experience.