Hello again Beehively users! Here at Beehively, we’re always working to improve our product line. Even as schools across the country and the world are closing due to COVID-19, our team is working from home and continuing to support your school’s essential needs in this time of crisis. For our software developers, that means continuing to deliver usability improvements as well as build awesome new features designed to help schools put effective distance learning solutions into place. You can check out all of the cool new features we’ve been working on on our updated Features page.
Today we celebrate the work of our engineering team and bring you notes on our latest software release as of April 8th, 2020.
- Make your video lessons smarter with our updated video embedder. Now, when you use the video button to embed a video in an announcement, it will appear in emails with an image thumbnail and the title. Keep an eye out for even more improvements to how we handle videos, and let us know if you need help getting videos to your students!
Bug Fixes and Improvements
- You can now set a custom color for events created in Volunteer Events.
- Get to the Dashboard faster! Just click on the "Sent to X People" on any Announcement, Message, or Homework distribution.
- Easily mark withdrawn students as active again right from the attendance screen.
- Ease of use improvements for adding embedded video and tables in the CMS.
- For schools that use Period Attendance, we now simplify whether absences in the student’s homeroom attendance should be considered half-day absent or full-day absent if they are absent for certain thresholds of periods. Use the “Mark from Periods” button once all period attendance has been taken to automatically calculate absences.
- The Mailing Label printing function in the People section now uses Avery Design and Print 8.
That’s all for now, but we’ve got big things planned for the future. Check out our New UI, coming soon to your school! And if you want to try out the New UI right now, drop us a line and we’ll get in touch with you.